24 October 2016

Fashion Police: AFRIMMA Awards 2016

Hi MK Readers,
              Hope you all are having an amazing week. As you all know last weekend was the African Music Magazine Awards (AFRIMMA) held in Dallas on the 15th of October and for the very first time, I was opportune to attend an event as a blogger. It was very well organized and I was happy that most of the nominees were able to make it for the show. Artists like Daphne, Stanley Enow, Locko, Dancer Brenda Dery and their managers were all present. Some of the nominees such as Franko, Charlotte Dipanda, Reniss and Mr Adrenaline did not make it for reasons best known to them. The event was fun with Stanley Enow and Locko opening the show, awards presented by Magasco and a number of African celebs, great performance from artists like Sauti sol, Kcee, Kaffy Dance Group, Bovi, Flavour and a host of others. Unfortunately I was late for the red carpet, So i was only able to take pictures of the artists/ celebs after the show. I also took pictures of Cameroonians who slayed at the event. 

 Muke Alison - Mookeh's Blog


 I decided to go with a custom ankara off shoulder mermaid dress designed by me and sewn by my mom. Hair by me (i decided to go with a one shoulder hairstyle to show the off shoulder look of the dress). Make up by Yolanda Scullark. I wish I had worn more accessories at least a statement earring but I was running late and was in a hurry. What do you guys think?



Singer and AFRIMMA Best Female Central Africa Winner - Daphne.

Daphne dazzled in this fit and flare outfit designed by Pearl Louma. She looked absolutely gorgeous. love her make up and shoes. Black hair would probably have been better but she still looked gorgeous in red.





AFRIMMA Best Dancer - Brenda Dery

Brenda slayed in a cobalt blue mermaid dress with an off shoulder chain detail. I love everything  about this look. Her hair and make up were on point. love her accessories including the blue clutch. Slayage dot com.

 Kreef co-founder: Ebangha Njang


Yvonne went for an all black look. Her black fit and flare dress was designed by OZI. I like the outfit but I wish it was made of a different material *. However, Ebangha stated that she forgot to iron her dress*. I love her make up and clutch but I think gold accessories would have made the dress stand out more. That being said, she looked lovely.

 Kreef Ent Assistant - Heidi Time:

Heidi looked stunning in a black off shoulder bodycon dress, I absolutely love her simple hairstyle and make up. The chocker made her outfit more chic and her wine colored shoes added some colour. She definitely slayed.

 Daphne's Manager - Pearl Louma


Pearl wore a violet high slit bodycon dress designed by her. I love her hair and dress, however I wish the dress was longer at least floor length. The blue shoe doesn't go with her outfit at all. A black or nude shoe could have been better.

 Socialite - Miss K

Hair and make up on point. However, I have mixed feelings about her ruffle bandage jacket and pants especially for a red carpet event. Regardless, i think her outfit would have looked better with a single sole sandals.

Nina looked gorgeous in a pink bandage dress. I love her hair and make up, however I think a neutral colour shoe would have been better.

TV Show Host - Crystal Beauty


She went for a green and black mermaid dress. Her outfit would have looked better with a statement necklace and earrings. I also wish her make up was better. I think she played it too safe. However, that shoe is a NO NO!!

 Make up artist - Yolanda Scullark


She looked gorgeous in a 2 piece ankara outfit sewn by her mother. I absolutely love her outfit, it fit her perfectly. Also love the fact that she paired it with a black sandals. Make up on point. She definitely slayed.

Actress & Philanthropist - Bernadette Keyi


She went for a fur peplum mermaid dress. I don't know where to start with this dress. I think it looks like a costume and not something for a red carpet event. Too long, too much fabric, too much going on!. I love her accessories especially her clutch but that dress is a NO NO!

 Rapper: Stanley Enow

Stanley went for an Urban look both for his performance and the red carpet. He looked good in a knee length asymmetric T-shirt, black leather jacket and pants. He accessorized with his motherland necklace and face cap. He nailed this look, it was very well styled and unique, however I would have loved to see him in something less casual.

 Singer - Locko

Locko slayed in a wine velvet suit, white shirt, black pants & loafers. He looked very dapper. Accessories etc on point. He definitely slayed.

 Locko's manager: Vianney (far left)

He went for a black vest combo, Love how he styled his outfit. I wish he went for a black tie instead of blue. However, he looked good regardless.

 Singer - Magasco

Magasco definitely slayed H to T in a black 3 piece "Abada" designed by Amah Fashion. He accessorized his outfit with a gold necklace, ring, watch and shoes. This is probably his best look ever. #Slayagedotcom

Artist - King K

Kimbo went for a grassfield inspired look. Pairing his Cameroon traditional outfit with a white shirt, black pants and a pair of yeezus.  He looked dope.

 

 Couple Alert:

I just couldn't help it. This picture is too cute.


 So that's it for AFRIMMA fashion police. As usual your comments and opinions are very important so let me know what you think. What was your favourite look? Do you want to see more fashion police posts? Let me know. Have a lovely new week and keep on hustling.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Mookeh, nice blog post, can't believe you were right in my backyard and I didn't get to see you! 😢 lol.
    That said, I love Brenda's dress, that blue is just outstanding! as well as Nina and Magasco's! Your dress slayed too.
    Keep up, 👍 I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mookeh, nice blog post, can't believe you were right in my backyard and I didn't get to see you! 😢 lol.
    That said, I love Brenda's dress, that blue is just outstanding! as well as Nina and Magasco's! Your dress slayed too.
    Keep up, 👍 I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwwww awesome Mookeh.Always thrilled reading ur articles.Shoutout to Magasco we kinging.Txs Mookeh am humbled #ProudlyAmahFashionHouse call/whatsapp @ +237677162374. #PearlLouma i see u cojo.Dope and much luv to all of u .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fashion Police: AFRIMMA Awards 2016 style and many strangers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. U look absolutely breathtaking in that dress. U look really pretty and ur hair is perfect styled like that showing off ur gorgeous shoulders. I wish there were more pictures cos u look stunning. ;) I hope u get back to blogging soon cos i miss seeing ur outfits. x x x

    ReplyDelete