10 March 2016

Fashion Police - Best Dressed Celebs @ AMVCA 2016

Hey MKB Readers,
I know you guys love fashion police posts. For some reasons they are the most controversial blog post on this blog, Lol. Well, The most anticipated African Magic Viewers Choice Award was held on Saturday, 5th of March 201 at Lagos, Nigeria. The event was star studded with celebrities from all over Africa and you know wherever there are Celebs there is fashion; the good, the bad and the ugly. Here are the celebrities will killed it in the fashion department. Disclaimer: This is strictly my opinion.
Photo credits to Bella Naija.

Rita Dominic: 

This lady has been my fashion muse since before I even knew what fashion was and she has never let me down. Her shoe came is like no other and can she rock the hell out of any red carpet. Damn! She is definitely my favorite look of the night.  Her green asymmetrical satin dress by Elvira Jude. The waist piece is EVERYTHING and this dress will be nothing without it. I love the fact that she knew to wear very minimal accessories in order not to take away from the dress. Love, Love, love. Hair to toe slayage!!




Osas Ajibade: 

Osas look gorgeous in a pink  strapless ball gown gives me life. The outfit looked like it was made for her and accentuates her good features perfectly. Very minimal accessories; the gold clutch goes perfectly with the dress. Definitely my second favorite of the night. It takes a special kind of woman to wear, pull off an look effortless in such an outfit and she did it gracefully. 


Mercy Aigbe:

Looks gorgeous in a white mermaid dress covered with silver pearls - Gentry in House of Luminee. The dress as some little fit issues at the back. Plus I think her hair is a no no. Apart from that she looks great. 






Damilola Attoh:

Dami looks absolutely gorgeous in a gold/black turtle neck, long sleeved body-con dress with a thigh slit and silver clutch. Although the dress is simple she rocks it gracefully and her body definitely makes this dress look 10 times better. Very few people will look this good in this dress. On a side note: I don't know about those sandals tho. Lmao just saying 



Dakore Akande:

Dakore looks stunning in a gorgeous of shoulder metallic print fit and flare dress by Funke Adepoju. Some people might not agree with me but this print is the bomb.com. i don't know if it will look goo with every skin tone but it works magic for Dakore. Again this is someone who understands fashion. Her hair is in a low pony tail to show off her lovely shoulders and off shoulder cut. Very simple earring, No necklace again to show off her shoulder and neck, which is the purpose of the dress. Simple bracelet and clutch. Perfection. (Camer celebs, I hope you are learning ooo, Less is More most of the time. Keep your accessories to a minimum). 





Anna Ebiere:

Anna aka Miss Golibe aka Flavour's baby mama brought her A game. This 2 piece silver mesh top and deep blue fit and flare skirt is a killer in all levels. love the matching clutch. I wish she had accessories more, I said less is more but even a pair of earrings and a bracelet of ring could have added some value to this look. Plus i think the hair ages her, a pony tail could have been better. She looks good regardless. 




Okawa Shaznay:


Our own Camer actress Okawa was at the AMVCA and made the cut. I love the teal one shoulder dress she work. Clutch on point, however same as Anna Ebiere, she was missing some accessories. All she really needed was a pair of statement earrings. I would also prefer sandals over pumps. But she looks gorgeous and definitely represented us well.
Photo credit: Kinnaka's Blog




Genevieve Nnaji:

Genevieve definitely played it save. Soo save that i was actually disappointed coz I was so excited to see what she wore. However, even Genevieve's let down dress can make it to any fashion best dressed list. The beauty of her dress is the dropping V at the back, which shows her lovely shoulder blades and very endowed back side. She went with brown earth tones that perfectly match her skin tone. Don't know if it was a clever choice for a night event but it definitely looks great on her skin. Again accessorizing is something that Nigerian celebs have definitely learned. Very minimal accessories and a silver clutch. I would have preferred a gold or nude clutch tho.





Taje Prest:

It is not easy for a plus size celeb to find the perfect dress for the red carpet but this lady looks effortlessly stunning in this Ox-blood off shoulder fit and flare dress by Makioba. Everything is one point. I kind of wished she wore sandals instead of pumps but OMG!!! She looks Great and confident. Love 






Other looks I liked:

This is one of the best I have ever seen Rukky Sanda look. Dress on point; She looks great. 

Ini Dima Okojie-I love the style of this dress. There is just something about this dress that gives it life. I don't know about those shoes tho.

Sonia Ogbonna - If anyone can rock a Beyonce inspired dress it is Sonia. She has the body of a goddess and this dress just proved that. I absolutely love it. This is how you copy a look and rock it with class.

Her dress is by Fablane by Derin




Nancy Isime - For some reason,, I find this dress absolutely gorgeous. I love the fabric and the design is top notch. However, I wish the gown was a longer, at least floor length and the slit was shorter to give the dress more dimension at the hip. But let's be honest, the designer nailed this dress. This dress from the hip up, is a SHOW STOPPER. But those sandals tho, plus she needed round earrings instead of long ones. 

Mimi Onalaja's dress is so simple yet very elegant. Yet another off shoulder dress, hair off brushed back to shower her lovely neck line and shoulder. She has a necklace on but her accessories are still at a minimum. Shoe on point. 

Stephanie Linus - This dress is magic, However, I feel like the dress is wearing her and not the other way round. I loveee her dress
from the neck down. I really can't place my finger on whatz wrong from the neck up, I don't know if it's her make up or her hair but something is preventing her from popping (to me ooo).
Minnie Dlamini - I absolutely love the fabric and style of this dress. However, I think the long train takes away the beauty of the dress. 



If I say I recognize Actress - Caroline Ekanem now Caroline Danjuma I will be lying. It's very obvious she has had some serious work done. But Damn! she looks so good. i have nothing negative to say about her outfit/ looks apart from the fact that I would have loved some color. But she looks fab. 




Thanks for reading and as usual, your comments are always welcome. Have a lovely week.































































No comments:

Post a Comment